The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Breathe Stress Out of Your Day
You know those moments when you want to pull out all of your hair and scream at the top of your lungs?
Yeah, we get it—you’re stressed.
And sometimes that can be a good thing. Stress can help us to get a project done in no time flat, and get from A to B without feeling like you need to hit snooze. Too much stress, however, can also be bad for your physical and emotional health. It turns out that learning how to “just breathe” can help you calm down and live healthy.
Follow this simple breathing technique from Natural Health Magazine and experts say you will keep yourself from getting riled up about even the longest of to-do lists.
1. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge just behind your front teeth; keep it there throughout the exercise.
2. Exhale completely through mouth, breathing around the tongue and making a whooshing sound.
3. Close your mouth; inhale deeply and quietly through the nose to a count of four.
4. Hold the breath for a count of seven.
5. Exhale through your mouth to a count of eight, as described in step 2.
6. Repeat the entire exercise for a total of six total inhalations and exhalations.
Feel better? Good!
We’d like to know: What do you do to ease stress? [Natural Health]