The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Why, oh why, is it so hard to lose weight? If you’ve been doing your due diligence in trying to get rid of that extra baggage and the number on the scale isn’t moving, there could be some mistakes you’re making that are holding you back.
- YOUR DIET IS SABOTAGING YOU. The high-carb, low-fat diet that has been promoted for the past few decades could be helping you gain weight, not lose it. Try to eat fewer carbohydrates and watch your weight loss get a jump start.
- YOU CONSUME TOO MANY FAT-FREE FOODS. Knowing that something is low fat is a mental “go” sign to eat more. Instead, eat foods with full fat in a moderate serving and you’ll feel fuller, longer.
- YOU SKIP BREAKFAST. This is a big no no. People are five times more likely to be obese if they skip breakfast, so grab a banana, a container of yogurt or some cereal before you leave the house.
- YOUR DIET HAS TOO MUCH SUGAR. Things like soda, candy, pastries—all the sweet stuff are sugar bombs. Take them out of your diet and you’ll only be left with healthy food to eat! Don't be fooled by diet soda's either. Your body thinks of it as sugar and can actually increase your desire for sweets.
- YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINE DOESN’T INCLUDE WEIGHTS. People who include weight training in their routines are more likely to lose fat than people who don’t exercise or only do cardio. Make weight training an important element in your schedule.