Before diving into the online dating world, you should have some idea of who you're looking to meet. Write down things you have enjoyed about past relationships and things you could've done without. Some thoughts to consider:
- Am I willing to have a long-distance relationship?
- What are my ideal mate’s best qualities?
- How do I feel when I’m in a good relationship?
- What are the things I enjoy doing with a partner?
- Is faith/spirituality/religious background important in my relationship?
- Are kids something I want, or will want?
Answer these questions honestly. Be aware of your deal breakers [what makes a potential date a no-go from the beginning] so you don't get involved with someone you know you’re going to end things with later on. Why waste time on D.O.A. dates when there are so many others out there willing to wow you?