The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Love on Fire
There were rose petals on the ground and candles in the trees and along the walkway leading to a gazebo. Lawrence Waterhouse had indeed thought of everything when planning a romantic proposal at his home. Perhaps he should have brought a fire extinguisher, too…
After an excited "yes" from his fiancé, Lawrence surprised her with plane tickets and they were off to celebrate their commitment to marriage. The proposal went off perfectly—except that the excited bridegroom forgot to blow out the candles in the gazebo. As he whisked his love away, his neighbors noticed smoke coming from the backyard and called the fire department. While the structure burned to the ground, no one was hurt.
As these two plan their wedding, we think they might want to consider using other light sources—or appoint someone in the bridal party to be in charge of the candles! [NPR]