Top 5 Tips on Starting Your Own Business
If you’re starting your own business, save yourself some headaches and take advice from people who have already been there, done that. Here are my top five tips, which I recently shared at the California Women’s Conference:
- It's all about the team. You can’t do it alone. Ask for help.
- Find a way to take away people's pain. Aim to create meaning for those who interact with your business.
- Always trust your intuition when making decisions. Every mistake I've made has been the result of not trusting my gut and giving my power away to someone/something else.
- Know that starting a business takes time. It's about hundreds of small steps daily, not one giant leap.
- Get really good at change, at uncertainty, at going with the flow and at not needing to control everything.
Bonus: Take care of yourself. You’ll need lots of energy for your team and your customers.
To read more advice from the California Women’s Conference, check out my blog post.