The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
The ABCs of a Diagnosis
Finding out you have cancer, AIDS or another life-altering health diagnosis can take the wind out of you. The medical expenses, treatment options, prescriptions and paperwork can seem impossible to handle, especially on your own.
That’s part of the reason why David S. Landay created Surviorshipatoz.org, a new web site that is dedicated to helping people navigate everything that accompanies a new health diagnosis. Some of the tools on the site include:
* An individual action plan that helps plot out treatments and insurance payments.
* Message boards so you can meet and talk with other people with similar conditions.
* A daily symptom diary to help you track your illness.
* A health plan evaluator to help you research which health insurance plan is best for you.
* Financial interactive charts to see how much money goes where and when.
To learn more about the web site, its background and its founder, watch this clip of David S. Landay on ABC's “Good Morning America.”
If you visit Surviorshipatoz.org, we'd like to hear what you think of it and if it's helped you handle a health diagnosis. [Survivorshipatoz.org]