The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Do You Know the Symptoms of Stroke?
Sure, you know to immediately dial 911 if you feel tightness in your chest and shortness of breath. Those signals indicate a possible heart attack or other life-threatening sickness. But when people were surveyed about their behavior following stroke symptoms, more than half of the 30,000 respondents did not seek medical attention. Those are some dangerous findings considering stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
According to the American Stroke Association, stroke warning signs include:
• Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
• Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
• Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
• Sudden trouble walking, feelings of dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
• Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
Do you have any tips or tricks that might make remembering stroke warning signs easier? [HealthDay]