A Vast Virtual World
Congratulations! Welcome to the First 30 Days of Using Facebook! You’ve decided to try the newest trend in online social networking. Today you—and about 249,999 others—will join the wonderful world of Facebook.
Over the next 30 days, you can expect to:
- Connect with business associates and new and old friends.
- Create a profile that accurately reflects who you are and your goals.
- Join groups and networks consisting of people with similar interests.
- Maintain your security and privacy.
- Have fun with applications and “poke” (the equivalent of a friendly electronic game of tag) your friends.
As you register and start your profile, remember to keep this new program in perspective. Unlike other social networking sites, Facebook bills itself as a “social utility.” Its goal is to serve as a tool to help you better stay in touch with the people who matter to you in the real world. It’s not a replacement for those relationships. Keep this in mind as you start your first 30 days.
DID YOU KNOW? Facebook is the sixth most trafficked site in the United States and has more than 65 billion page views per month? More than half of the site’s active users return daily, spending an average of 20 minutes on the site. So you’re in good company!