The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Here...Take My Card
Whether you recently lost your job or are an eager college graduate, you need to create a business card that will make a good first impression, especially in the current job market. There are a few simple rules which can help you stand out from the pack.
1) Put your profession, strongest skills or credentials right under your name.
2) Flip your card. Use the back side to show accomplishments, previous prominent employers or your websites.
3) Include a personal pitch.
4) Use high quality paper, elegant design, and simple font.
5) Create different types of cards. If you have skills in varying fields, create cards fitting for the job which you are applying to.
You can think of your business, or "calling" card as a mini-resume for those times when you meet someone in an out of office setting. Of course, you could also just let your personality do the talking as you network. Do you think business cards are a useful way to make a good first impression, or are they flinstonian relics in a modern internet-obsessed world?[Wall Street Journal]