Back to School
Whoa, you just had a major Eureka! moment, and good for you that you heeded its call. College is expensive and it’s getting pricier by the semester (or trimester, depending on how you look at it). But you don’t have to be a millionaire to meet the challenge head on—a little foresight and a lot of savvy will do, along with some perspective.
For the next 30 days you can expect to learn about:
- The payoffs of investing in college savings early.
- The common mistakes we all make during the financial aid process.
- How to leverage your assets to get your student more bang out of your buck.
- Ways your student can help bear some of the financial load.
- How to stay grounded, committed and sane during the most important numbers game you’ll ever play.
DID YOU KNOW? A typical family is on track to cover just 24% of the overall costs of higher education. Fidelity Investments surveyed 2,300 parents in 2007 and also found 42% of them hadn’t even saved a dime. Let that be a testament to you—we’re all in this together.