The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Quit Smoking and Stay Skinny!
Just because you’re trying to quit smoking doesn’t mean you have to become Jabba the Hutt. Follow these tips from the American Heart Association on how to fight weight gain when you quit smoking:
* When the urge to smoke strikes, grab a piece of sugar-free hard candy.
* Eat lots of fruits and vegetables (ideally, eight to 10 servings per day).
* Eat whole grain breads, cereals and pastas.
* Drink a ton of water. In fact, try to replace alcohol and caffeinated drinks, such as tea, soda and coffee, with water.
* Exercise every day. Not only can it prevent you from packing on pounds, it can improve your mood and help control your appetite.
* Reward yourself for each week you remain a non-smoker with small purchases rather than with food.
* Rather than reach for food or a cigarette, play with a pencil or paperclips.
* Brush your teeth often, and keep a fresh, clean taste in your mouth.
* Try a new sport: It will help keep you in shape and boost your confidence.
What tips tricks have helped you in your quest to quit smoking? [American Heart Association]