The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
What Can YOU Do with 100 Calories?
Whether you’re gangbusters on your weight loss plan, just getting started or trying to get back on the wagon, portion control is key to your success. Ahh, but snack time rolls around and portion control may not be on your mind when you hear that bag of peanut M&M’s in the vending machine screaming for you to eat it.
Women’s Health magazine has done some of the work for you and listed a number of 100-calorie snacks that you can turn to in when you’re getting munchy. They include:
- Starbucks tall skinny latte
- Three cups of air-popped popcorn
- A banana
- A cup of baby carrots and two tablespoons of hummus
- Two egg whites on whole wheat toast
- A cup of strawberries and three tablespoons of fat-free Cool Whip
But of course, if those peanut M&M’s are still screaming for you and these suggestions just aren’t what you’re looking for, go for the indulgence but know ahead of time how much of an indulgence equals 100 calories. For your precious peanut M&M’s, that would amount to 10 of them. Here are some 100-calorie portion sizes for some other popular snack items:
- 2 ½ tablespoons (about 1 spoonful in our house) of Haagen-Dazs ice cream.
- 1/3 of a Krispy Kreme strawberry-filled donut
- 1/10 of a Burger King Double Whopper with cheese
- 1/3 of a bagel, without any toppings
So the next time you’re craving a snack, what will you choose? [Women’s Health]