The latest news on this change — carefully culled from the world wide web by our change agents. They do the surfing, so you don't have to!
Beauty Shouldn't Hurt
Some people are willing to go to great lengths to change their looks. Though cosmetic procedures are on the rise, there are quite a few procedures that are popular but incredibly risky. ABC News examined some of the most popular ones and listed the top 10 procedures you should avoid. Some of them include:
- Lipodissolve. A number of chemicals are injected into your body in the hopes of "dissolving" away fat. It's not FDA approved and it can actually cause pain and swelling.
- Cosmetic foot surgery. You may have heard of this a year or two ago, where women are altering their feet to have a sexier foot and to better fit in designer shoes. Instead, you could end up with chronic pain and become unable to walk.
- Permanent filler injections. Some doctors use collagen or hyaluronic acid to plump up or fill out lips or cheeks. These substances can move in your body and make your face appear to "drift."
- Breast augmentation injection. Similar to the filler injections for your face, the thought is to inject harvested fat from your body into the breast to create a fuller appearance. However, this injected fat can calcify, appear cancerous and even make breast cancer detection difficult.
- Cosmetic lengthening. Devices are used to stretch a person's leg bones so they can be taller. It's incredibly painful and very expensive.