What Every Mom Wants
Appreciation is the glue that keeps us together. This Mother's Day, celebrate your mother, grandmother, or other special person in your life with the greatest gift you can give—your appreciation. If you aren't sure what to say, motivational speaker, Jay Forte, suggests simply completing the phrase, "Have I told you how much I appreciate you…?" with any of the following (or you can make up your own):
* For the ways you encourage me to be something better than I think I can be.
* For the things of beauty you add to my day.
* For your humor, love, sincerity and honesty.
* For making the best food on the planet.
* For letting me screw up, not rubbing my nose in it, and forgiving me for it.
* For knowing what to say and when to say it, to remind me I am always supported and loved.
* For giving me a hug when it is exactly what I need.
* For driving me to, showing up at, and cheering me on, in my activities, sports or hobbies.
* For insisting that I have the best, then serving yourself.
* For always doing your best – at everything.
Read Jay Forte's entire blog post on appreciation.