How to Improve Your Sleep!
If you haven't been sleeping well, the solution may be simpler than you think. Before you turn to addictive sleep medications, try these all natural bedtime remedies:
- Write it down. Get worries, fears, and tomorrow's "To Do" list out of your head and onto paper.
- Avoid alcohol before bed. Alcohol may put you to sleep, but it will also wake you up several hours later.
- Finish vigorous exercise five hours before bed. It can take that long for your core body temperature to drop in order to fall asleep.
- Create a restful environment. Keep your bedroom cool, dark, quiet and clutter-free. Consider using a white-noise maker.
- Avoid stress inducing activity prior to sleep. Answering emails, paying bills or watching stress-inducing TV will keep your body restless.
- Utilize relaxation techniques. Release the stress of the day with light stretching, soothing music, aromatherapy oil, deep breathing, meditation or a combination of these activities.
For more tips on getting a good night’s sleep, click here.